Social Regeneration Consultants (SRC) is a specialist consultancy dedicated to best practice in community-based urban regeneration throughout the UK. We are based in North East England and we have extensive experience of working throughout the country on a wide variety of large and small contracts. Most of our direct work with local communities is in the North of England and Scotland. We work across and within sectors, bringing together stakeholders through partnership working and joining up projects and programmes wherever it makes sense to do so.
SRC has direct, recent experience in:
- 'Hands-on' work with local communities involved in urban masterplanning, neighbourhood renewal and housing market restructuring programmes
- Bringing communities and stakeholders together to draw up neighbourhood renewal plans and assessments and community housing plans
- Setting up and running extensive or small-scale community planning programmes
- Developing and delivering community engagement and empowerment programmes
- Working directly with black and minority ethnic communities on a range of community-based projects and programmes, as well as securing their active engagement in larger projects
- Using innovative techniques for outreach work with hard-to-reach groups
- Carrying out community and community economic appraisals
- Providing policy advice to government departments, national agencies, local authorities and housing associations on the social and community aspects of their work
- Advising on the development and delivery of Neighbourhood Management and Locality Working initiatives
- Researching and writing good practice guides on neighbourhood renewal, social housing and community empowerment
- Carrying out feasibility studies, option appraisals and business planning for a wide range of community and voluntary sector initiatives
- Training and supporting agencies involved in community engagement programmes
We carry out this work across all sectors - public, private, community and voluntary, working on projects dealing with housing, health, crime and community safety, children and young people, economic development, education, planning and the environment. Our particular specialisms are in social housing, urban planning, neighbourhood management, community empowerment and development and environmental sustainability, but we rarely work exclusively in any of these fields.
We work on our own and also in partnership with others on major projects. We often take the lead on projects that require specialist expertise in working with local communities. Our recent partners include GVA Grimley, NLP Planning, EDAW, HTA Architects, DTZ Pieda, Commercial Estates Group and Eljay Research.
SRC always tries to work to the highest possible ethical and environmental standards.