SRC support Northumberland Uplands LEADER Local Development Strategy
23rd September 2014
The community engagement process was a great success across the Northumberland Uplands. 447 residents participated in a sample community survey during May and June 2014. A further 208 residents then attended four drop-in events in the four main Uplands towns. 22 Parishes completed SWOT analyses, along with five special interest groups, including the Young Northumberland Network.
The Local Development Strategy that has been produced reflects the needs and aspirations of the Uplands communities. Their priorities, based on the extensive consultation and engagement programme, are:
- Strengthening the local economy of the Uplands
- Improving the connections between people and places
- Managing the land sustainably
- Exploiting the Uplands’ tourism potential
- Investing in communities,
- Supporting and retaining young people
Further information can be found in the Local Development Strategy
The programme is currently profiled to be delivered over a 6 year period from January 2015 to December 2020.